Dangers of nail polish for Health. Most women ever wear this one item, women use nail or nail polish is for the beauty of their bodies. It is now very modern times, not only the visible part of our body is treated, but the smallest part of our body did not escape from the treatment so that the appearance can look more perfect.
Indeed, nail polish makes the wearer’s nails look more beautiful and colorful, but do you know the dangers of using nails or nail polish?
The hazard of nail polish for health is there are 3 dangerous ingredients namely toluene, formaldehyde, and ethyl acetate.
Toluene is a solvent of other chemicals in nail polish that serves to sharpen the color. Toluene can cause damage to the nervous system if used in the long term. In the short term, users can also experience symptoms such as eye irritation, dizziness, and easy to forget. Although it is prohibited to use it, but most manufacturers of nail polish still use this material.
In addition toluene there are also other chemicals contained in the nail polish, namely formaldehyde. These chemicals are often called formaldehyde can be a gas or liquid. Formalin is not only harmful when consumed, but also when we breathe it. If used for a long time, formaldehyde (formalin) will cause various types of cancer, headache, irritation of the nasal mucosa, mouth, and throat, skin damage, and death.
Formaldehyde (formaldehyde) in the form of gas is even more dangerous than when consumed. Why is that? Because in formaldehyde gas form this will go straight into the lungs and bind to another gas. In fact, gas in the lungs will be taken and flowed through the blood circulation. This formaldehyde compound with oxygen can poison the body and cause various ailments suddenly.
The last harmful substance is ethyl acetate. This chemical is used to harden the nail polish. In fact, this substance can cause nerves and internal organs such as kidney, heart, and lungs. Ethyl acetate-like chemicals also used for nail polish are methyl acetate. This substance is not less dangerous with ethyl acetate.
Excessive use of nail polish is not good for your nail health, especially for those of you who use nail polish with poor quality. Like other limbs, nails should also be maintained health because if not nail condition will be unpleasant seen as yellow can even cause nails become damaged by exposed to allergic nails. If you want to use nail polish, choose the polish carefully before using it to keep your nails healthy.
Envy – the characteristics of good polish:
1. Water-based and odorless polish. Choose a polish that when opened does not cause odor as it is usually a nasty polish that contains hazardous ingredients and see the composition, if it contains “Dibutyl Phthalate” then it is guaranteed that the nail polish is harmful to your nails.
2. Choose a nail polish with water to keep the nails dry and keep moisture awake.
3. nail polish that have the correct expiration date. Rub the expiration date if it is quickly lost then the nail polish is a nail polish using a used bottle and refilled with a polish that contains harmful chemicals by the seller of naughty nail polish.
4. nail polish with the right viscosity is not too fluid and not too thick. How to test it is to open the polish and see polish fluid on the brush, if it does not fall in a matter of 5 seconds then nail polish contains the right composition.
5. The color is thick when used on nails and Easy to dry
6. Has a price that is not too cheap. Usually the price describes the quality of the goods. The too-cheap ones should be suspected of their quality. Because many sellers want to make big profits by selling polishes that contain substitute materials that are obviously not good.